After such a brilliant year culminating in the 2017 Christmas event the community group met on the 15th December to take stock of the year and have a look forward to 2018 to see what the New Year will bring.
So here’s a quick look at some of the highlights of the year:
- Earning £1494 from the Co-op’s ‘Local Community Fund’ – thanks to all local Co-op members who spent money in there, 1% goes to nominated local causes like this one
- Street Games – from the summer till October Half term
- Developing and delivering a successful benches trial – we met with the Leader of Kingston Council Kevin Davis afterwards to influence more improvements in the area
- The Big Malden Manor Community Clean Up
- Planters on Sheephouse way
- Wildlife on the Hogsmill – group walk and engagement stand
- Christmas party – Brass Band, Choir, Carols and over 300 people!
Over the coming months we’ll be engaging with the local residents in Malden Manor to find out what people think of the Hogsmill green space – the good, the bad and the ugly!
We’ve already had plenty of suggestions so far, and it seems that everyone we’ve spoken to is really keen to improve the Hogsmill for the local community – so if this is also you why not get involved in helping?
Come along to our next meeting at Old Malden Library, from 13:30 – 15:00. Anyone’s welcome, and we’ll provide drinks, snacks and even a space for children.