We are very pleased to announce that the community group has been successful in securing a ‘Greener City Fund’ Grant to construct a nature trail in our beloved Hogsmill Green Space. The grant will not only enable us to create the nature trail, demonstrating the rich variety of flora and fauna that populate the Hogsmill, but it will also fund:
- A professional ecological survey of the site
- A public chainsaw-carving event and several chainsaw-carved animals
- Information boards and sign-posts along the route.
Once constructed, we hope the route will attract people to the Hogsmill, enable visitors to enjoy local wildlife and create opportunities for regular health and social walks, benefiting the local community, as well as the environment. This is in line with some of the Community Group’s key priorities, including:
- More space and opportunities for recreation and socialising
- Improved natural environment for both wildlife and for the community
- More people walking and cycling
- More awareness and enjoyment of local green spaces
More details about the Greener City Fund can be found here. A huge thank you and well done to Malden Manor Community group members who worked hard to put together a winning application. More updates to follow as the project gets underway.
Do you want to get involved in the Hogsmill and our new nature trail? Come along to our next Community Get Together on 7th March 5-7pm at Richard Challoner School to find out more.