The group were formed out of the ‘Local People Project’, funded by the People’s Health Trust and delivered in collaboration with charity, Sustrans. The project ran from August 2016 until September 2019 and focused on empowering local people to make decisions about improvements to their area.
What we have achieved
Over the last 4 years, the Malden Manor community group has worked on and delivered:
- New seating around the Malden Manor roundabout
- Multiple Christmas events – next one coming in December
- Several popular outdoor events in the Hogsmill Open Space, including Easter events, bat walks, fun-runs, picnics, community clean-ups, clearance & maintenance days, nature walks and lots more!
- The Station Garden – an urban green space outside Malden manor Station
- The Willow Arch – a living doorway into the Hogsmill Open Space
- The Hogsmill Nature Trail – featuring way-markers, information boards about local wildlife and chainsaw-carved sculptures
- The Community Hub – a space for non-profit community-focused activities.
The Malden Manor Community Group are continuing to go from strength to strength, with a range of activities taking place in the Community Hub and various community gardening & maintenance activities around the Hogsmill and Station Garden.
How to get involved
To get involved or find out more: